I’m sure you’ve noticed there has been little posting…here’s why!
- The weather has been weirdly amazing this year, so we ran like crazy to get our Sno Shack open about a month earlier than usual. That included painting, replacing the floor, interviews (Nearly 20 girls) and a whole lot more. For about a week straight my boys saw very little of me.
- Pat and I were fortunate enough to spend 8 days in Kauai! It was unreal, and something we will never forget. We cannot wait to explain the meaning behind all of it.(Next post, stay tuned!) We even left our kids at home… a big milestone for us :)
- We were recently made an offer on our shack, and decided it was time to sell. Today we handed everything over, (I’ll admit I got quite sentimental, I’ve ran that shack for the past 9 years!) But for a few days it took all our energy to get everything ready for the new owners.
- Have you ever left your kids for 8 days? They are pretty attached to your hip when you get back. I’ve been trying to balance lots of cuddle time and work. The boys usually win. :)
- We move this Saturday! Cottonwood Heights, here we come! Can you believe it? It seemed so far away, and now it’s here! We just started packing today, (We’ve got a lot left to do) I’m desperately trying to stay in vacation mode, and not let the stress take over. Wish us luck!
There’s a lot of change taking place in our lives right now, and though we’re excited, the thought of leaving the place Preslee lived her life is more difficult than I thought it would be. As I’ve been packing up, it’s been bittersweet to find little reminders tucked away in boxes and bags in our basement. But I can honestly say the experiences in Hawaii have helped immensely. Our Heavenly Father is very aware of our needs.